Many of you may not know it, but I am originally from Tennessee! My husband Matt and I moved up here shortly after graduating from college in North Carolina. We were both offered jobs in the area, and to be honest, I just wanted to be closer to the city! I get asked all the time from friends and family visiting New York, “What are your favorite things to do and see?” In no particular order, I am sharing my Top Ten Things to Do When Visiting NYC! I hope you enjoy!
- Dinner at Rosemary’s– Delicious Italian food, a rooftop farm, and romantic twinkle lights…this restaurant in the West Village is one of my favorites!
- See a Broadway Play– After a countless number of plays and musicals, Wicked still holds a special place in my heart! Read this post to find out how to save on tickets!
- Visit the Top of the Rock– A birds eye view of this romantic city with spectacular views of the Empire State Building and Central Park. I recommend going right before sunset so you can see the city during the day and at dusk!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie from Levain– As big as a scone and warm and gooey inside…these are truly an indulgent treat! The chocolate chip walnut is the best! Levin Bakery is also located in my favorite neighborhood, the Upper West Side.
- Show at the Comedy Cellar– The lineup changes every week and often hosts comedians from the David Letterman Show, The Tonight Show, and SNL. Just make sure to get tickets in advance here.
- Take a walk through Central Park– I love entering by the Plaza on 59th Street and 5th Avenue and walking past Gapstow Bridge, through “the mall”, under the iconic arches at Bethesda Terrace, and exiting at 72nd and Central Park West.
- Brunch at Jacob’s Pickles– Sweet Southern food in NYC! I get the sweet tea and honey chicken and pickles every time.
- Cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery– I recommend going to the location in the West Village and then walking down 9th street. Enjoy your cupcakes on the steps of one of the cutest brownstones in the city!
- Stroll Through the New York Public Library– It really is so beautiful inside! If it is a nice day, head out to the Southwest Porch in Bryant Park afterwards.
- Watch the Sunset from Pebble Beach– Located in Brooklyn beside Jane’s Carousel, this is one of the prettiest spots to watch the sunset over the Manhattan skyline. End the evening with a fancy dinner at the River Cafe!
So there you have it! My Top Ten Things to do When Visiting NYC! I would love to hear your favorites! Feel free to share them in the comment box below. 🙂
– – – – – – – – – – – – –
Amy Rizzuto is a NYC wedding and engagement photographer
who specializes in capturing the authentic joy of adventurous couples in love.
For more information visit www.amyrizzutophotography.com!